- A Fan Base Lament: “Say it ain’t so, Senator” September 21, 2014
- U.S. Fear/War Mongers Win This Round September 11, 2014
- Did Israel Have the “Right” to Kill This Child? September 5, 2014
- “We want to exchange personal experiences, Sir.” August 25, 2014
- “Exodus” Now Hurling Real 5,000 Pound Bombs August 21, 2014
- Has Clinton Made Her Second Pro-War Mistake? August 14, 2014
Blogs I Follow
- altahrir, news of Islam, Muslims, Arab Spring and special Palestine
- Redress Information & Analysis
- Tikun Olam-תיקון עולם: Make the World a Better Place
- Informed Comment
- Al Jazeera America
- Media Matters for America - Latest Items
- Truthdig: Drilling Beneath the Headlines
Monthly Archives: April 2011
by James M. Wall Turkey’s President Abdullah Gul (right) has stern words of advice for Bibi Netanyahu. He told Israel’s Prime Minister that the Arab revolution in the Middle East is aimed directly at the state of Israel. The advice came in … Continue reading
by James M. Wall US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, speaking on April 12 at a dinner to open the US-Islamic World Forum, hosted by the Brookings Institution and the State of Qatar, had warm words of greeting to her … Continue reading
by James M. Wall I have been studying an excellent documentary, Occupation 101, an examination of the root causes of the Israel-Palestine conflict. The case of Judge Richard Goldstone broke too late to make it into the film, but I … Continue reading
Fayyad’s program was published under the optimistic title, “Palestine: Ending the Occupation, Establishing the State.” It was described in the Huffington Post by Palestinian Journalist Daoud Kuttub, as “brilliant”:
Palestinians have finally started to act in a different way. Instead of cursing the occupation, the new strategy is aimed at building up the desired Palestinian state.
The idea is to force the Israelis to the negotiating table rather than beg them to come. The way to do that is to work for a state as if there were negotiations. This idea has been brilliantly developed by the Palestinian prime minister.
Salam Fayyad proposal for the de facto creation of a Palestinian state within two years is a brilliant idea that is hard to ignore or oppose it.
As a recent London Guardian column puts it: “If you build it, the state will come”.
Elisabeth Braw wrote this article for Metro http://www.metro.lu .
“On August 26 there will be a Palestinian state, and it will be open to all,” says Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad
Mahmoud Abbas good things the government is doing to establish the state in Sept, domestically and internationally. For example, the more UN countries who recognized Palestine lately, were as a result of huge effort by the government and as a natural result of the good work the government is doing on the ground, which gained the trust of many international countries. This is something we worked very hard on achieving, a legitimate Palestinian government. Israel works so hard to delegitimize the Palestinian government, without which we can never have a state. Continue reading