- 2016 U.S. Politics Envisioned by Groucho Marx February 3, 2016
- Discerning “Signs of the Times” in Iowa and Israel January 26, 2016
- Time To “Keep Singing” to UMC Church Leaders January 19, 2016
- United Methodists Target Guilty Banks, Not Israel January 13, 2016
- Duma Murders Expose Israel’s “Mindless Violence” January 5, 2016
- “Know Nothings” Could Deliver Clinton Vs. Trump December 29, 2015
Blogs I Follow
Category Archives: Religious Faith
by James M. Wall On October 10, 2010, I gave a talk to a small group at a United Methodist Church in Naperville, IL, a city in the western suburbs of Chicago. In the talk I referenced the film, Grapes … Continue reading
2. and pushed for “a more nuanced and realistic” analysis
–change “ to ‘ before and after the phrase
3. Earlier this year, the “critics” screamed loudly when in March, Obama
–delete a space
“President Barack Obama delivered a stinging response to the latest in a series of Netanyahu diplomatic insults”.
“The President chose Robert Malley (right) as Special Assistant to the President and White House Coordinator for the Middle East, North Africa and the Gulf Region.
–delete the ” and move The President up
5. Pro-Israel media outlets, however, rushed to sound the alarm.
–start with “
6. Special Assistant Malley will begin his new assignment April 6.
–start with “
7. (note the false allegation “Hamas adviser):
8. Atlas readers are long familiar with this subversive jihad operative.
–precede with “
9. Malley and Barack Hussein Obama.___
Robert Malley told the NY Times that he had regularly been in contact with Hamas, which is designated a terrorist
–merge these sentences
–delete space after a
Republican candidates are currently dominating the space and bandwidth of that media
“Let’s hope so, let’s just hope so.__
by James M. Wall It did not take long for a group of opportunistic U.S. Governors to respond to the horrors of the Paris bombings. They did so with racist, religiously bigoted responses against Muslims. Their responses were degrading to … Continue reading
by James M. Wall American right-wing media commentators are trying desperately to gang up on the head of the Catholic Church. A video compilation of some of the venom and hatred which greeted Pope Francis on his first ever Papal trip to the U.S. … Continue reading
by James M. Wall The Episcopal Church’s House of Bishops on Thursday condemned the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) strategy. The bishops spoke the language of the market place. They made no effort to theologically justify their condemnation. Instead, they were … Continue reading
by James M. Wall What happens to a dream deferred? The question comes from Langston Hughes’ poem, Harlem, which inspired Lorraine Hansberry to write her drama, A Raisin in the Sun, the first play written by an African American woman to be produced … Continue reading
by James M. Wall President Obama’s speech at the 2015 National Prayer Breakfast February 5, was not a speech. It was a sermon. “Those fortunate to see the speech witnessed President Obama as Preacher in Chief.” This critique was rendered … Continue reading
by James M. Wall Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has announced that the Palestinian Authority will join the International Criminal Court (ICC), a long overdue action which potentially could bring the state of Israel to an international courtroom at the Hague. Al Jazeera reported that “Palestinian … Continue reading
By James M. Wall Psalm 2:3 is sung in George Frideric Handel’s Messiah before the arrival of the triumphant Hallelujah chorus, when audiences rise to their feet, following the tradition set by England’s King George II at the Oratorio’s first London performance. Handel’s Sacred … Continue reading
by James M. Wall Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced this week that on February 15, 2015, Major General Gadi Eisenkott (right) will be sworn in as Chief of Staff of the IDF (Israel Defense Forces). General Eisenkott is well-known in Israel … Continue reading